Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Double Digits by Annabel Monaghan

Source: Goodreads

Synopsis:
Digit and John are back for a second book and in way over their heads.

To say eighteen-year-old Farrah Higgins—or Digit—is good at math is a laughable understatement. She’s been cracking codes since childhood, and is finally at home with “her people” at MIT in Cambridge. Her talents are so off the charts that her laptop is under surveillance by both the CIA and an ecoterrorist named Jonas Furnis. So when she thoughtlessly hacks into the Department of Defense’s database, she lands in serious hot water inside and outside the law. Readers will be sad to turn the last page of this suspenseful, sassy, super smart thriller, the sequel to A Girl Named Digit

Ok I'm annoyed.

I am annoyed because I LOVED A Girl Named Digit. I loved it so much that as soon as I finished reading it, I immediately started Double Digits (the sequel).

I don't even want to rant because I'm still a fan of Annabel Monaghan. But this sequel disappointed me, solely because of the creation of a love triangle (and we all know how much I hate love triangles) that really didn't need to be there. Also sure, Digit started to get annoyed by all the people making decisions for her, which I understand, but to be honest she wasn't really making good decisions by herself. So her complaining just got tiring.

Ok this is a bit spoilerish so you've been warned.

I completely understand why John said that they should cool it for a while. And the fact that she took that as breaking up and then shut off contact from him for 6 freaking weeks was just a great big ball of frustration. And then if that wasn't enough, to then go and even ENTERTAIN the thought of having feelings for Bass made me go like WTH!!! I couldn't believe it! It totally cheapened Book 1 and whatever connection John and Digit developed there. Like how can you claim to love John so much and he's waiting for you to get your fill of school, trying not to distract you and you're almost kissing some other guy that you've known for how long?

I'm not here for that ish at. all.

All of the action stuff was great and all but I'm super annoyed that they made John out to be some kinda bad guy in this.

Especially at the end when she wouldn't take his hand. He's not trying to hold you back Dig, don't make it out like he is.

Anyway, I'm kinda sad, this could've been epic but it wasn't.

Note: 3 stars. Maybe 3.5. Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment